Teachers don’t merely deliver the curriculum, they define, develop and contextualise it. It is what teachers think, what teachers believe and what teachers do at the level of the classroom that ultimately shapes the kind of learning that young people experience. At Strathpine State School we shape this developing, defining and contextualising of the curriculum through a process which is supportive, professional, accountable, collegial and open.
To do this we plan the implementation of curriculum together and monitor its effectiveness across the whole school. All teachers are kept informed of what other teachers are doing and planning is displayed in every classroom. The work completed by students each term is celebrated and shared with the school community. This includes students from other classes, parents, community members, the ancillary staff of the school and the administrative team. The process is coordinated by our Curriculum Coordinator who maintains a whole school view, monitors student learning and supports teachers as they adopt new syllabus materials and teaching strategies.
One of the roles of the Curriculum Coordinator is to assist year level teams with planning and to ensure teachers are adequately resourced so that their programs are fully implemented. This process ensures quality focused teaching and learning is occurring in every classroom and that technology is woven into each unit in effective, meaningful and supported ways.
Gifted & Talented
Here at Strathpine State School we believe in allowing all students to achieve success and reach for their individual potential. Within our classrooms our teachers work closely with student support services, Curriculum Co-ordinator and staff specialists to provide opportunities and learning that extends beyond the regular classroom and the standard year level expectations.
With opportunities with the OptiMinds challenge (see extra curricular activities) as well as our close connection with the Pine Rivers State High School campus we are also able to provide coordinated learning opportunities to extend our students in English, Numeracy, Technology and Sports.
Competitions & Awards
Each semester Strathpine State School hosts its Excellence Awards. These awards are designed to celebrate student success in a variety of areas.
- Gold Awards - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report card in at least 3 of the 4 Core Learning Areas of Numeracy, Literacy, Science and HASS.
- Silver Awards - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report card in at least 2 of the 4 Core Learning Areas of Numeracy, Literacy, Science and HASS
- Performing Arts Awards - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report cards in Music and have represented the school at Choir Competitions, School Concerts or School Musicals.
- PE Silver Award - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report cards in Physical Education and have represented the school at a District Level.
- PE Gold Award - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report cards in Physical Education and have represented the school at a Regional Level or higher.
- Japanese Award - Students who achieve an A in both Effort & Achievement on their report cards in Japanese.
- Personal Achievement Award - 1 Student from each class who has shown significant improvement in their studies/results throughout the semester.
- Attendance Award - Students who have a 100% attendance for the entire semester.